The 2023 IEEE Future Networks World Forum (FNWF'23) will continue the path set in 2018 by the IEEE 5G World Forum in bringing together experts from industry, academia, and research to exchange their vision as well as their achieved advances in the continuing evolution of network technology, including 5G, 6G, and other innovative cross-domain breakthroughs. This IEEE WIE Summit in FNWF'23, with the theme "Game Changers for Sustainable Future Networks: Collaborative Research, Open Innovation, & Open Source" in particular, looks forward to deliberating on the role of Open Forums in Future Networks, Sustainability as the core of future networks and the barriers and challenges for Collaborative Innovation and Research. We will have invited keynotes, call for proposals for "Pecha-Kucha" talks, and curated panel discussions. There will be a special focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).
Call For Papers/Proposals for the Pecha Kucha Talks
The summit solicits proposals for ideas, thoughts, or discussions in the following areas:
- Collaborative Innovation and Research
- Open Innovation
- Open Source
for a more sustainable, energy-efficient futuristic network design and architecture. The presentations should be in Pecha Kucha style. We invite proposals for short talks (about 7-min) in this format that explain concepts, open-source work, technologies, solutions, and research that are in line with the theme of this summit. It is recommended that at least one author should be a woman.
About Pecha Kucha
This presentation is a format that uses 20 slides or images that are displayed for 20 seconds each. More information can be found here: https://24slides.com/presentbetter/what-is-a-pecha-kucha-presentation
- All papers/proposals should be submitted via EDAS.
- Each author of the accepted proposal will be presented with a certificate from the conference.
- The authors of the accepted authors at the main conference will be invited to present the same in this session as well in the suggested format.
- There will be no need for a camera-ready version of the submission. The presenter will need to upload an abstract and the Pecha Kucha-styled presentation in PDF format not exceeding 50MB. Submission Deadline is 15th October 2023, and the acceptance notification will be on a rolling basis.
If any questions regarding Pecha Kucha submissions, feel free to email Laxmi Mukund, Principle Engineer, Cisco.
Invited speakers/panelists (non-author) and accepted Pecha Kucha presenters will be entitled to free registration for attending the WiE summit.
Women in Engineering (WiE) ORGANIZERS
- Pamela Kumar, Chief Strategic Advisor, IUDX
- Celia Shahnaz, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh and 2023-24 Chair, IEEE Women in Engineering Committee
- Laxmi Mukund, Principal Engineer, Cisco
- Monisha Ghosh, University of Notre Dame, USA
- Nancy Varshney, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
IEEE WIE and Standing Committees of Women in ComSoc, APS, CAS, EPS, ITSS, MTTS, IEEE RS, SSCS, and VTS